Sweet, chewy, sticky, and absolutely A.D.D.I.C.T.I.V.E!!!! This popcorn will be a hit with your family, co-workers, or the hit of the party. We recently had a game night with some of our friends where I broke out this dessert which left everyone craving more. Although it takes about an hour and a half to make, it doesn’t take too much hands-on time leaving plenty of breaks to get your appetizers ready for your own game night.
- Large skillet or saucepan with lid
- 2 baking pans, 9 x 13, greased
- Wax paper
- Rubber spatula
- Measuring cups and spoons
- 1 cup popcorn kernels, divided
- 6 tablespoons coconut oil, divided
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups raw or roasted peanuts
- 1 cup marshmallows
- 4 ounces semi-sweet baking chocolate
- Add 3 tablespoons of coconut oil and 1/2 cup of popcorn kernels to a large skillet or saucepan. Heat over medium-high heat and cover. Lightly shake the pan as the popcorn pops. Once the popping slows and the kernels fill the pan, remove the pan from the heat and transfer popcorn to greased 9 x 13 baking pans. *Make sure no unpopped kernels make it into the baking pans.
- Repeat to make another batch of popcorn.
- In a small saucepan, add butter, brown sugar, corn syrup, and salt. Heat over high heat until it starts to boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. When done, stir in baking soda.
- Pour caramel sauce over popcorn.
- Bake for one hour at 250º, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Add peanuts and marshmallows to the caramel popcorn and bake for another 10 minutes. Transfer to wax paper.
- Heat baking chocolate in microwavable dish in 30 second increments. Using a spoon, drizzle the melted chocolate over the popcorn.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container.
Thanks! You’ll love this popcorn.