With all the spices in our pantry, I have several blends that I have bought pre-made, combined myself, or mixed up according to recipes that friends have shared with me such as a discontinued McCormick’s “Salt’n’Spice” mix which is great with just about anything. I find having seasoning mixes on hand or go-to blends that you can mix together, is handy for whipping up quick, flavorful meals. This blend of mediterranean flavors is one that I routinely use on fish, chicken, and even when sautéing vegetables. Try this recipe out and adjust according to what flavors you like being more prevalent.
- 2 tablespoons of dried parsley
- 2 tablespoons of onion powder
- 1 tablespoon of dried basil
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon of dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons of garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl and stir with a fork to combine.
- Transfer to a spice shaker and it’s ready to use or save for later.