With all the spices in our pantry, I have several blends that I have bought pre-made, combined myself, or mixed up according to recipes that friends have shared with me such as a discontinued McCormick’s “Salt’n’Spice” mix which is great with just about anything. I find having seasoning mixes on hand or go-to blends that you can mix together, is handy for whipping up quick, flavorful meals. This blend of mediterranean flavors is one that I routinely use on fish, chicken, and even when sautéing vegetables. Try this recipe out and adjust according to what flavors you like being more prevalent.
Keep an eye out for other spice blends and pairing ideas!Mediterranean Seasoning Blend
- 2 tablespoons of dried parsley
- 2 tablespoons of onion powder
- 1 tablespoon of dried basil
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon of dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons of garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl and stir with a fork to combine.
- Transfer to a spice shaker and it’s ready to use or save for later.