During are recent whirlwind trip to the US fitting in visits with my family, my husband’s, celebrating our friends tying the knot, and visiting a few friends, we planned in dinners at our favorite places and even a well-timed mother’s day BBQ. Excited for summer ingredients in the US and the opportunity to prepare meals with them, I set out to devise a menu with my sister that would showcase fresh ingredients we love and some of our mom’s favorites.
Need inspiration for your next summer BBQ? Here’s what we planned (and the links to the recipes we used, too!)…
- Corn, tomato, mozzarella, and basil salad
- Grilled beef in a red wine marinade
- Lemon and Bay Leaf Shrimp Skewers
- Grilled veggies (squash, onions, peppers, and potatoes)
- Lemon Meringue Pie – *our mom’s favorite…store-bought because we were short on prep time
Knowing how we love to go overboard on menu options and that we are always overly excited to try new recipes, we restrained ourselves well this time! We still had left overs, but one of the best parts of a get together is having the leftovers for the next day when you are craving another helping and tired from all the work and clean-up from the day before.
Be on the lookout for more great BBQ recipes to come. You know we love grilling and entertaining!