As part of our weight loss challenge, I will be sharing with my family as well as with my blog’s readers a number of healthy recipes I’ve found along the way.
This power salad is packed full of goodness and it’s even pretty to look at.
Kale Power Salad with Dijon Vinaigrette
- 3 1/4 cup of chopped kale, stem removed
- 3/4 cup of purple cabbage, julienned
- 6 tablespoons green pepper, julienned
- 6 tablespoons carrot, julienned
- 3 tablespoons tomatoes, chopped
- 3 tablespoons peanuts, dry roasted and unsalted
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- For individual take-to-work lunches, divide each ingredient in three separate containers and mix together. Refrigerate and eat within 3-4 days. Add dressing when you are ready to eat.
- For a family meal, combine all ingredients in a bowl and drizzle dressing over top.
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together red wine vinegar, lemon juice, dijon mustard, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- While whisking, add olive oil and continue until all ingredients are combined.
- Cover and refrigerate between uses. Let stand for 30 minutes at room temperature before using.
For 21 day fixers out there: This recipe makes 3 servings each comprised of 2 green, 1 yellow, 1/2 blue, and 1 orange container. Making up this recipe at the beginning of the week gives you three days worth of lunches that are ready to grab and go!