In our house, we have been on a search for homemade snack options that are delicious and easy to make to help us in our weight loss competition with our family. We’ve tried things such as baked potato chips, popsicles, and yogurt bark. This weekend, I made these crispy chickpeas that turned out to be a tasty, munchable snack and also made the perfect topping for a soup I made as well.
- Small mixing bowl
- Whisk or fork
- Paper towels
- Baking sheet
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 teaspoon of smoked sweet paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- Dash of cayenne pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 425º.
- After draining and rinsing the chickpeas, pinch the end of each to remove any remaining skin. Dry the chickpeas off with paper towels to ensure they get crispy in the oven.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine olive oil and spices. Add chickpeas and toss until coated.
- Spread chickpeas out on a baking sheet sprayed with Pam.
- Bake for 12 minutes. Shake the pan to prevent the chickpeas from sticking and then bake for another 12 minutes.